The firms of SIM & McBURNEY and SIM, LOWMAN, ASHTON & McKAY LLP (“SIM. IP Practice”) were founded in 1970 to provide a full range of services in intellectual property and commercial litigation in Canada. We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada’s largest city, convenient to the Courts, local patent & trade-mark filing offices, and the offices of many of Canada’s largest business enterprises.
Patent Agent Trainees / Patent Agents
We are currently looking for Patent Agent Trainees and qualified Patent Agents with specialization in life sciences or electrical/computer technologies. Candidates specializing in the life sciences should have a PhD in biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, or another field within the advanced life sciences. Candidates in the physics or electrical/computer technologies should have an advanced degree or a P.Eng qualification. Patent experience would be advantageous.
To apply, please send your resume in confidence to Marija Djukic at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2014.
Collections Coordinator (6-month contract)
We are currently searching for a Collections Coordinator (6-month contract) to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the qualified applicant will provide assistance to the Partners and Professionals of the Firm to collect outstanding Accounts Receivables.
- Contact clients for payment of outstanding accounts, in accordance with Firm policy.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files and notes.
- Meet with Billing Professionals on client accounts.
- Identify issues and develop solutions to problem accounts.
- Prepare documentation for management for purposes of stop work orders and use of outside collection agencies.
- Support the Cash Receipts Clerk with allocation of payments.
- Provide highly courteous and professional customer service to internal and external client requests.
- Periodic reporting and managing of reminder statements.
- Diploma/degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Collections experience in a Patent & Trademark/Law Firm environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Aderant/CMS software experience.
- Proficiency with computers and MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible, dependable and open to change.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.